Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Distractions #2

So, you may have noticed that I haven’t listen my word count since Monday. Well, my discipline has been wavering the past few days. Yesterday was just an extremely lazy day for me. I took to doing laundry and cleaning up my hard drive – you know, the stuff you get done when you’re putting off doing real work. Oh, and I applied for a whole bunch of government jobs yesterday, not that that matters. I’m not sure I believe any people actually read those forms. I think they just feed them into some machine that gets off on possessing personal information.

I shudder when I think of the distant future when our government is no longer run by people. Just machines, and the odd wanker who supposedly does maintenance from time to time. But mostly that guy just plays with his prick all day. And who could blame him? If you had a prick, and a machine to do all your work for you, I’m sure that’s all you’d do too. Then some wiseguy, in the name of equal rights or something, would invent a prick for machines, screwing up the whole system once again.

Anyway, here’s what’s been going on with me that last few days. I sent a message to this one girl on lavalife and we’re exchanging e-mails. That’s it. I don’t want to say much more because I don’t want to jinx it. She’s a real cutie though.

So that might be jamming my creative juices a little. Also, I’m looking after my cousin today, so I doubt I’ll have much time for writing. This time, by his mother’s request, I’m supposed to keep him away from “screens” and help him with his homework, which I hear he’s having major problems getting done. He’ll no doubt tell me he doesn’t have any again.

Yeah, I know, excuses, excuses. Tomorrow I’ll get back on the writing thing, I swear.

1 comment:

Inkpot said...

I was wondering why you hadn't updated your word count. I know how easy it is to get distracted from writing. Suddenly there are 100 really important things you have to get done, like sorting your dvd collection by actor and dusting your books. :) I hope the rest of the week goes better for your literary pursuits.