Saturday, May 31, 2008

#17 Tied up Boyscout and Stole His Clothes

When I was about 11 or 12, I though it would be funny to tie up one of my friends and hide his clothes so he couldn’t go for help, because, well, he’d be naked. And who wants to run around tied up and naked? To this day, why I thought this would be funny is completely lost on me. It’s one of many examples of things that doesn’t seem funny when you think about someone else doing it to you. And to describe it now, it just sounds like the kind of weird shit sex offenders get their start doing.

Amazingly, this guy’s still friends with me, though I’m not sure how much of this he remembers. For awhile, his mother didn’t want me around him, for obvious reasons. Today he and I meet only on special occasions for drinks and reminisce about old times.

He really was once a very great friend, and this is, without a doubt, one of the things I am most ashamed of doing.

No comments: