Saturday, May 31, 2008

#21 Stalked Vancouver Woman

This actually happened quite recently. Only three months before I started my blog in fact.

I met a woman on facebook and we started chatting. It wasn’t long before we discovered we had loads in common, and shortly after, we met near my house for a drink.

Then she went on sort of a pilgrimage across the country and wound up in Vancouver.

Anyway, I booked a cheap flight on a whim and flew to Vancouver, to see other friends too, but mainly to see her again.

She met with me once, but then when I wanted to see her again while I was there, she got suspicious, so I told her I maybe did have a bit of a crush on her.

She completely freaked out. She told me I could’ve saved both of us a lot of time and trouble if I’d spoken up sooner, and that she wanted nothing to do with me whatsoever. Then I cam home and sort of forgot about it, but I do still think it was a stupid idea, and at the time, I do realize I probably scared the crap out of her.

Anyway, not surprisingly, she and I don’t really talk anymore, though at one point since, we did exchange apologies for our behavior.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes scaring the crap out of a potential lover causes them to fall in love with you, I believe it's called the Stockholm syndrome. Other times it backfires and they panic. All I can suggest is to put on "normal" airs and once you've got the trap reset, spring and have a good laugh!

Malice Blackheart said...

Yeah, it's amazing how often people will just give in when you make them think the other alternative is death.