Thursday, May 8, 2008

#9 & #10 Slept with my co-star

Ironically, I think I'm getting more writing done at work, than I would at home.

#9: Lied about sex
#10: Slept with someone else's girlfriend

I'm not sure what to do with these, as they're directly related, but I don't know whether to treat them as one, or two.

Back in high school, just after a crushing breakup with a long-term girlfriend, I went to a party at Data's. (As for who Data is, well, I guess I'll explain that in #11.) It was Christmas time, exams had just finished, as had our round of student-directed backstage plays. (Although ironically, the play I was in was not directed by a student, but by our English teacher for some strange reason.)

As would be expected of a bunch of seventeen-year-olds at Christmas, there was a lot of alcohol consumption, and at some point, my female co-star from backstage becane very... friendly, to put it lightly. She started massaging me, without my say-so, and started kissing the back of my neck. I shot a few glances around the room, at Data, and a few other guys, as if to say "help me out, man!" But to no avail. They probably figured I was in seventh heaven.

I'm entirely sure why I let her take me upstairs, nor am I really sure why Data allowed it either. Data even let us use his room. He just handed me a condom and shut the door.

This is not a woman I would normally say I'm attracted to, nor is she someone I would really want to spend time with. Simply put, I didn't really like her. I didn't DIS-like, and actually she was rather pleasant most of the time, but, well, I guess what I'm trying to say is I wasn't the least bit interested. But something kept beckoning me on. Maybe it was that I was lonely after the break-up, or maybe it was that I felt sorry for her - as I said, I didn't find her attractive, but I didn't want to actually SAY that, so I weighed my options, and I decided I'd rather sleep with her than let her feel rejected.

As the clothes came off, more and more layers of unattractive attributes were presented to me - cullulite, breast acne, and other details that are just too digusting to get into - and again, as all this raced through my mind, I lept thinking, "no, I'm being shallow. You can do this!"

Anyway, long story short, we had sex. But let me backtrack for a minute.

Okay, we did a play together, directed by our English teacher, "The Happy Journey" if it means anything to any of you. Personally, I think it's a terrible play - depressing, meandering and meaningless. Anyway, I was "Pa" and she was "Ma," the married protagonists of the play, then we had a bunch of children.

That being said, back to the sex. So just as we finished she laughed and kissed me and called me "Pa." Somehow, I didn't let that send me over the age, running from the room screaming and laughing.

At the end of the party, we exchanged phone numbers. This brings me to the #9 part. Over the phone, she said she was too drunk to remember anything that happened the night before. Now, perhaps she really couldn't remember, or perhaps she just wanted to give me a chance to lie. She asked me if we'd slept together. I told her we didn't. And that was the end of it, I thought to myself. I'd dodged that bullet.

And this finally brings me to #10: Slept with somebody else's girlfriend, because you see, in all the other dirt racing around in my my, I'd actually forgotten she already had a boyfriend, so turning her down would actually have been a really huge favor, or at least, I would have had a better excuse to say no. Not that I should need one, but you know what I mean.

Not only that, but he was one of the larger members of the football team, so better not to get on his bad side.

I'm not really sure what became of the boyfriend, but my co-star is now married and has a child.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

DUDE! THAT SHOULD BE NUMBER ONE! BUT ON HER LIST FOR YOU!
Ugh... Well... It's better to get it off your acne-breasted chest.
I think in the place you were it was more one of those "getting control" type screws rather than a pity screw.
That being said, I think it's rather funny(Objectively speaking of course) that in the end you ended up doing what it was you wanted to do in the beginning. And that is deny the lustful creature.
You performing arts types are a wild bunch! I shoulda joined up!
But of course with my luck my stories would have ended up in some awkward homo-erotic state.