Sunday, May 25, 2008

The End of the Week-End

So, I’ve learned a few more things about all three women over the week-end. That said, I think my week-end was a huge success.

Just now, Mousy Girl added me on facebook. On closer inspection of her profile, she has a boyfriend, so that’s that. Boy is my face red. Still, it’s neat that she knows so many of the same people, I even just now found an old friend through her profile, so if anything, my acquaintance with her is a gain.

So let’s go back to yesterday. I met with Movie Girl in a pub and we shared a pitcher, and talked about the various people we know, and movies we liked. We also touched on some other things, such as similar views on religion. I couldn’t stay long because I had to head over to Vlad’s house to help him and his girlfriend move, but our first meeting was a pleasant one. My first impression is that we like each other, but I don’t particularly feel any attraction to her, nor do I feel she has any particular attraction to me. For now, we’ll probably keep talking over facebook and see where it goes. Maybe I’ve made another friend, maybe I haven’t. Maybe she’s dying to get with me, but that’s probably unabashed optimism.

Yesterday, I finally got the nerve to ask Monkey Girl out, and so today, we met for some afternoon drinks and snacks, and I got to learn more about her. I have confirmed that I do, as a matter of fact, have a crush on this girl, but I want to take it slow, because, let’s face it; I don’t know her. I’ve only met her twice now, and it’s more important to me that I build some sort of a functional friend-relationship first.

Here’s what I learned about Monkey Girl today.

She’s studying in college part time to become a secretary, because as she puts it, she loves organizing things.

Her mother is someone I actually know! And Ema knows her too. She’s someone we used to work with. It never ceases to amaze me how small the world is.

She loves children. She asked me, “Would you freak out if we went it the baby clothing store?” I said I’d give it a try, but made no promises not to freak out. She told me about how excited she gets when her friends get pregnant and how she loves to shop for little clothes for them. We laughed about the impracticality of shoes for 6-month-old infants. But that’s part of the fun – it’s silly, and for show. You know, like hair. Anyway, she said her chief goal in life was to have a baby. To get pregnant too – the whole experience Is a goal of hers. I found that cute, and frankly, refreshing. See, as normal a sentiment as this desire of hers sounds, most of the women I have dated have talked about how horrible the whole experience would be, and how awful children are and, how the world is overpopulated anyway.

And I like the way her eyes light up when she smiles. It just makes me want to smile too. Anyway, that’s enough swooning for one night I think. She and another female friend of ours has made plans for an excursion to a water park next month, though so far, the only three people who are going for sure are those two ladies, and myself. Actually, Ema and Ravens, if that interests you two, let me know. I asked if I could bring along some friends and immediately thought of you two.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Get her pregnant! What better gift to someone who is obviously obsessed? This way you can be sure that you will always have a place in her life, if you are serious about liking her. Ain't nothing like being the baby-daddy to make sure you've always got a foot in the door!

Malice Blackheart said...

...and one bun in the oven.

You're right, Al. That's a brilliant idea. All I have to do is build up her trust, find out where she lives, and then sneak in and use a turkey baster to do the deed.

Inkpot said...

Sounds like a productive weekend Mal. I hope things continue to go well with Monkey Girl.

Anonymous said...

Turkey baster? Well, if that's what threads your needle... I prefer the old fashioned way: seduce her with Canadian rye then a stick your nose in her ear. And that's the miracle of life.

spookygreentea said...

"BABIES, BABIES! 400 BABIES!"

Heh.

Baby shoes ARE ridiculously silly. Same goes for dog manicures. Really, now...