Tuesday, July 22, 2008

My New Dentist

I don’t actually have a lot of time to blog today, because believe it or not, I’ve actually been sort of busy all day. Sort of. I did spend part of it here at my computer, e-mailing various people.

I went to the dentist this morning, a new one, you know, one who isn’t trying to charge me money for nothing. Anyway, she, and he, (there were two of them. There’s always a master and an apprentice, right?) Anyway, they were both quite nice, and didn’t complain anywhere nearly as much as the old one. I know I’m not alone here – many of you have probably been to the dentist and had them scold you for not doing a good enough job flossing, you know, as if you just ruined their day. How about “I’m paying you guys $200 for this half-hour visit, so shut the hell up!” Anyway, I’m quite happy with the new office. The female cleaner told me why my bottom front four are always the hardest to clean, and the one real problem area in my mouth. She explained that is the center of where I produce saliva, and it can often sit at the base of your mouth while you’re idle or while you sleep. So I says to her, I says, “kinda like downtown Vancouver.” She thought that was terribly funny.

So, I’m off to have dinner with a whole bunch of geriatric relatives from Israel. I’ve got more news, but I’ll have to share that with y’all later.

1 comment:

Inkpot said...

What is it with dentists and giving out to you about your teeth, as if it is a personal insult to them that you don't floss fifteen times a day? Glad these new guys are an improvement on the last one (although sounds like that wouldn't be hard).