Sunday, July 20, 2008

Sorry About My Truancy Everyone!

Welcome back, readers, if there are, in fact, any of you left. I know I’ve been very bad of late. It looks like I’ve not updated in 3 weeks, (although for those of you who are interested, I’ve been keeping up my Film Review Blog. I’m going to try, from now on, to get out to the movies more, and watch more DVDs, and then write reviews of them – but I know that most of you have a lot more fun reading about me ranting or embarrassing myself, not just talking about movies, so here goes.)

Part of why I haven’t bothered to update is, that I really don’t have much to report. It’s sort of a slow summer. I know that’s a sorry excuse, and that a true writer can write about anything, not just his own life, egocentric and fulfilling as that may be.

So, just to wrap up the episode with Makeup Girl, I sent her an apology through facebook, shortly after my last post. I can be sure she got it, because now I see I’m on her block list. (And who can blame her, really?)

I was reminded of this the other day when my sister asked about it over dinner. She was still curious about the mysterious angry girl that left the comment on my last post, and then I realized all at once exactly who it was. It was you, Makeup Girl, wasn’t it?

Your “friend” lives with her boyfriend, who is stunning, and whom she getting married to. Your “friend” seems to have a lot of information about your life, and in fact, mine, and your “friend” seems to have taken this all very personally, wouldn’t you agree? What I don’t understand is why you would bother pretending to be your own friend. I mean, is that supposed to make you sound more credible? Because in case you hadn’t noticed, it doesn’t.

What else… I got glasses finally! I’m pretty happy with them. On Friday, I went to see an optometrist to get a full exam. I told him I hadn’t been to see one in perhaps fifteen years.

The doc says it’s a very weak prescription, as I’m only off by one dioptre in each eye. He claims I shouldn’t have any trouble getting a license without glasses. In fact, I know this because I’ve done it before, but really, I personally would feel a lot safer if I had the best vision I possibly could. My myopic vision is fine when I’m on foot, but when I’m behind the wheel of a vehicle that could turn an unsuspecting pedestrian into pancake at 80 km/h. and I have to see 150 kilometers ahead of me, I’d like to have the decency to be able to see potential dangers, or at the very least, the priceless look on their terrified faces.

And finally, as for what to do with my directionless life, well, I still don’t know, but I do have a plan to come up with a plan. I’ve recently discovered a plethora of resources for all sorts of job fields I never even would have thought of, and I’m thinking of putting together a series of posts about each one. I could probably fill an entire month with a career track per day, and the best part is, at the end of the month, I may have a better idea of where I want to go, career wise. And so may you! (Yes, you, my directionless reader friends, you know who you are. And so do I. Haw!)

Hmm… I guess I can think of things to say. Glad I thought of that. Anyway, I look forward to posting more again, and catching up with your own blogs too. (For those of you that have them.)

1 comment:

Inkpot said...

Good to see you back blogging, Mal. :)