Friday, February 13, 2009

Competitive Poetry: Sonnet vs. Sonnet

The contest has officially come to a close, and Inkpot has posted her sonnet too, titled: Mal Content, so go ahead and check it out. It’s quite good. Who is the real winner of this contest? Well, the way I see it we’re both winners, since we both wrote a sonnet this week, while obeying a number of restrictions. Or, if it tickles your fancy, you can pick a winner.


That about wraps it up for sonnet vs. sonnet. I rather like the notion of having weekly challenges – something Inkpot came up with. Therefore, I hereby extend forth an invitation for anybody to challenge me to a writing duel. I prefer poetry, as they tend to be fixed forms with fixed lengths, but I’m open to just about anything. So bring it on, people! Attack me if thou durst!

2 comments:

Inkpot said...

You are the winner Mal, your sonnet is much better than mine. However, I feel I am a winner too because you got me to write a poem and I haven't done that in years! Yay.

Now, as you mention another challenge, I feel it is only fair that I challenge you to write a prose story of no more than 300 words by next Friday. Theme, certain words, genre etc to be determined by you. What do you say??? :D

Malice Blackheart said...

You're on!

Er, sorry to get back so late - I've had a rather busy week, scholastically. Two weeks in fact. Maybe we can coordinate this for the first Friday of March?

Oh, and the theme: Writer's Block. We should both write a story about writer's block. Yes, I came up with that just now because I couldn't come up with anything else, but I think it could work.