Saturday, February 28, 2009

The Long Way Home

I’ll take the long way home.
I need more time to roam.
I’ll stroll down memory lane,
Out in the pouring rain.

I just need more time by myself,
Before I’m put back on your shelf.

Our house is warm and dry,
But I will pass it by.
And though I’m getting wet,
I just can’t face you yet,

Though you’re the woman I adore,
When I’m with you I miss you more.

So when will we discuss
This black cloud over us?
It seems that you’re content,
Just paying half my rent.

It’s been so long since I have heard
You say a single honest word.

The rain can hide my tears.
It’s been that way for years.
When did it all go wrong?
Or was it all along?

Maybe if you came out again,
You’d recall how we felt back then.

That’s how it all began.
We didn’t need a plan.
They thought we were insane
Kids kissing in the rain.

It’s cold outside; that much is true,
But colder inside next to you.

2 comments:

youngheejin said...

Oh my! This is a very lovely poem. It's been so long since I've read something like this.
I love your poem so much. I can relate to it so much. There are times that I feel that way. I don't know how and why but I do.

Sorry I'm not around I'm so sick lately.

Malice Blackheart said...

Thanks, Young! I'm glad you like it.

I'm not one to complain; I'm just happy I'm getting any comments at all :)

It's that time of year - everybody's sick now it seems. I hope you're feeling better soon!