(Pictured above are (respectively) the star, cinematographer, and director of the film I wrote for the 72-hour challenge. Sorry there aren't any shots of me at the typewriter, pulling out my hair and cursing myself for losing scene six, but our star is almost as pretty as me, so this should do.)
“Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.” – Groucho Marx
Sorry I haven’t had much time to blog this month, but I’ve made some progress since the last post.
- I’ve managed to write my statement of purpose for grad school, as well as get letters of reference from three profs. In the end, I got them from my old favourite prof, (whom I’ve known since 2001 – she knows my sister too and claims to be quite fond, though I gather my sister does not return the sentiment), my fresh-from-Ph.D. Theory prof (who thought his word wouldn’t be worth what another profs was, so I had to convince him he was an equal to them, not only as far as I was concerned, but frankly, as far as credentials are concerned. At least that’s what the faculty supervisor had told me late last year.) And also, the guest professor from
. This is all due by Monday, and after that, it’s out of my hands. Ghana
- The poetry presentation on Roberts was a huge success. We got an A.
- The group for the Anthology is getting pretty big. I think there are 7 of us now to put the magazine together, and more students have already submitted poems.
- The 72-Hour film challenge is over! I wound up writing two screenplays. I wound up having to trash the script for “Cock Talk” when we got our challenge worksheet. There was simply no way the script would have worked, so that night we all brainstormed, and then I went home and wrote the script instead of sleeping. This way, the team was able to start planning and shooting the next day. I haven’t seen the finished film yet, but the production stills look awesome. I won’t say much about it now, but it’s chalk-full of Back to the Future references.
- I haven’t written a slam poem yet. Not one that I intend to memorize and perform, anyway. I did go to a workshop though, and did some slam exercises. I even still have the poems written out on scrap paper. I’ll transcribe them and post them shortly.
- Still gotta write a poem for Goblin Fruit, unless the "Sir Gawain" poem is good enough. But I dunno; it’s kinda short.
- Zombies in Camelot – Have not done this one, as feared. I’ll give myself another month, because I’m cool and I can do that.