Friday, May 16, 2008

#13: Gave Miss Canada a Bad Hair Cut

In grade three, for a reason that completely eludes me, I thought it would be funny to cut off a portion of a girl’s completely equally proportioned hair. Her hair was long, and it fell down on her back like in was made with a drafting utensil. It was the most perfectly even, straight hair I’d ever seen, and I WANTED TO DESTORY IT!

I recall I got her permission to cut off a portion of the hair, but I’m not sure why she would agree to that. I guess we were both stupid. We were 8, what do you expect?

Anyway, afterwards, the teacher took the huge clump of hair from my hand, and taped it into my homework book for my parents to see. At first they didn’t even know what the hell it was, but when my dad finally got to the bottom of it (so to speak) I got ONE HELL OF A SPANKING!

And she was missing a clump from one side of hair once perfect haircut.

She has since been crowned Miss Canada once, (hence the name), and I gather she’s not still mad, as she still talks to me occasionally, but nevertheless, she’s on the list.

3 comments:

Inkpot said...

I think as this girl went on to become Miss Canada she hasn't been horribly scarred by the incident (or perhaps she has! Maybe her need to enter beauty pageants is because of having that horrible uneven hair when she was a child!)

Anonymous said...

I too get a very deep almost bowel jarring pleasure from destroying beautiful things.

Unknown said...

It's only fair she should be able to cut your hair now. Then you'll be even steven.