Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Screw the Dentist!

Hi everyone! Sorry to be so lax in my posts of late, but I’ve been sick lately, and my extended family’s been in town, and some lame third excuse… can’t think of one. Oh! I know, I’ll blame a government conspiracy.

Anyway, I just got back in from a bit of a goose chase with my dentist. They called me last week on the morning of an appointment, to announce I had one an hour from when they called. They also told me they’d moved, so in stead of a 20-minute walk, it’s a 1-hour bus ride, but they said: “It’s very close by! Just five minutes down Carling.” Yeah right. Five minutes. IN A CAR!

Oh! That reminds me. My sister and I have both signed up for driver’s ed together. This should be fun!

Anyway, because I was sick the other day, I called to cancel my appointment because, well, I was practically coughing up a lung. Do you think the dentist would appreciate that? Because I wouldn’t. So today I called to reschedule again, as I still have a remnant cough, and the secretary said she’d have to charge me 50 bucks.

So after trying to get there on time and just not being able because the bus system in this city is just too slow, I cancelled it. She said she’d charge fifty dollars to my account, but, I’m not paying fifty bucks for inconvenience. That just doesn’t make any sense.

Sorry I don’t have anything more interesting to talk about, guys. Aside from that, the only other thing I can think of is… Depressia is getting blinder and blinder.

Over the week-end, with her at the dinner table, she couldn’t see the food that was in front of her. She couldn’t recognize tomatoes. And last night, Aunt Twiggy and I were with her in her room trying to teach her, again, how to use e-mail. Something I’m convinced she’s incapable of learning at this point in her life. We want to get her one of those special keyboards for the vision impaired – not braile – but the keyboards with big, bold, friendly letters.

Hey, you know what? It was the long week-end. That’s why I missed three days. I knew there was a third reason, and in fact, it IS a government conspiracy!

One other thing… For some strange reason, I feel like coming up with substitutions for insults. Like, loser becomes bloozer, and ugly becomes fugly. That kind of thing.

Anyway, peace out, batches! Of cookies!

2 comments:

Inkpot said...

HI Mal, sorry to hear you were sick. I hope you are feeling better now. Take care of yourself. Frack the dentist. How dare they charge you for not being able to make your appointment! That's craziness. I think you should take your teeth elsewhere. Thanks for the cookies. :)

spookygreentea said...

"My sister and I have both signed up for driver’s ed together. This should be fun!"

Fun? Oh, sure! It'll be like PULLING TEETH. Heh. You see what I did there? Yeaaaaaaaaaah. Heheh. Eheheh.

"Dork" could become "Douc-" uhm. Wait, no, that's not right...